Praised be the queen of silks, her natural colour and lustre.





Hello everyone,

I was playing with our Muga silk over the weekend and am so much in awe that wanted to share.
 How did I ever survive not knowing about this heavenly fabric, aka the queen of silks.
The golden colour of the bow is the natural colour and lustre of Muga silk and although the colour in the photo's came out alright, it is not comparable with actually being in its presence. Did I mention this silk is not dyed? Not only is this a natural colour, but it is the natural colour of this type of silk.


I am a convert.


Many thanks go to GajendraShanane, by Royal Appointment from whom I purchased the Muga silk, and many thanks also to a very dear friend for gifting me the purple wool a few years back. They came together and make a happy pair.

Greetings from Istanbul,
Marijke Jordens